Application for marking in 2015 Now Open
Application is now open and the application form can be downloaded from the ECOS website. Applicants should satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- First degree and a teaching qualification
- Not less than 5 years teaching experience
- Be currently teaching the subject they are applying to mark.
- When submitting the completed application form, it should be accompanied by certified copies of academic certificates.
- Applicants who apply in more than one subject and in different levels will not be considered.
Closing date: May 2015.
The Ministry of Education and Training is embarking on the introduction of a school leaving qualification, higher than the current SGCSE. This is in a bid to address the problem of having Swazi students undertake a bridging course when applying to institutions of higher learning in South Africa and other countries abroad. The qualification will be equivalent or higher than that of South Africa’s Matric or CIE’s AS Level. Consultations are underway to solicit the views of stakeholders and partners in education. The first of such meetings took place at the University of Swaziland on 5 December 2012.